- MULTOS provides an easy way to develop, test and deploy high-security applications using the C programming language.
- It is also possible to develop, or part develop, applications in MULTOS Assembler.
- Applications are portable between different MULTOS implementations.
- There is no need to re-write applications when you choose a different smart card supplier and no need to re-write the card and application management systems that manage their lifecycles either.
- MULTOS provides the highest degree of interoperability of any smart card platform, because every MULTOS platform is Type Approved to comply with specifications.
- Cards are available on-line from Smartcard Focus.
As well as the resources for download, The MULTOS Consortium provides free of charge developer support for application developers and personalisation and card management system developers via our Developer Support mailbox.
There is also a forum for application developers which is open to Consortium members, those who have downloaded SmartDeck or attended a course.